Member Service Representative/Credit Union
Located in Utica, NY
The primary function of this position is to process member transactions in an efficient and accurate manner. To build long term relationships with members one transaction at a time through Member Service Standards. To partner with our Financial Service Representatives to meet our Service Objective, “Putting you first by providing solutions to improve your financial life!” as they assist in educating our members of our products and services.
- Processes transactions, including all types of deposits, withdrawals, money orders, traveler’s checks, loan payments, mail transactions and cash advances. Verifies cash and endorsements, issues receipts, orders checks, and places stop payments on checks for members.
- Provides members with service and information in regard to the services offered by the credit union; researches and solves member questions, problems and complaints.
- Assist the Member Service team meet the goals set in all categories assigned; recognizing opportunities to deepen the relationship by educating the member of additional products and services offered by the credit union.
- Totals member transactions at the end of the day and completes proving report for departmental reporting; prepares and verifies night drop deposit. Maintains cash drawer with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assists with all operational duties, audits, and may shadow new MSRs as requested. Some duties may include the daily reconciling of ATM’s, CDM’s and Negotiables.
- Assist with Safe Deposit access and occasional Greeter Coverage.
- Maintains general working knowledge of products and services offered by the credit union and answers member questions in an informed, service driven, and courteous manner.
- With every transaction, responsible to build awareness of all products and services offered by the credit union.
- Meets referral goals as assigned.
- Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy, OFAC, and Privacy.
- Required to attend training sessions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent and prior related experience
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer aptitude
- Professional appearance
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502