Accounting Clerk / Bookkeeper
Located in Fowlerville, MI
Salary: $17 - $20/hour
Express Employment Professionals of Howell/Brighton is recruiting for an Accounting Clerk / Bookkeeper in the Fowlerville area.
This is a full-time day shift opportunity paying $17 - $20/hour.
- Process invoices by entering into the SAP-ERP system.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Monitor supplier accounts to insure late fees are not incurred and cash discounts are optimized.
- Prepare checks/wires/ACHs/online payments to vendors, and record the necessary information.
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Process expense reports using a third-party software and check for accuracy.
- Reconciles and clears various income statement and balance sheet accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions, by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Process journal entries in the SAP General Ledger system.
- Responsible for all departmental filing.
- Provide weekly and monthly AP reports to the Accounting Supervisor (Check registers, AP aging, etc.).
- Accounts Receivable processing (as backup for the other staff members).
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Processing of yearly 1099s.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- SAP accounting system experience preferred or comparable ERP system (need: FI: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/General Ledger/Purchasing/Receiving).
- Advance user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent Data entry skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidentiality is mandatory.
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- 2 - 5+ years accounting related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand basic accounting principles, debit, credits, T accounts, etc.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Basic to Intermediate Accounting classes necessary to understand GAAP is preferred
Please send your resume to email@example.com ASAP for consideration.
Benefits of working with Express:
Here at Express, we will assess your skills, offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express, and you’ll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. To find out more, contact us today! Express Employment is a Veteran friendly employer.
For a complete listing of all Express Howell/Brighton open positions, visit: www.expresshowell.com
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114