Located in Fletcher, NC
We’re looking to hire a lead porter for a successful, large, and fast paced dealership. At a car dealership, the auto porter is the employee who is assigned primary responsibility for parking vehicles and moving them from place to place. Auto porter duties include cleaning cars, performing light dealership maintenance and other tasks as instructed by managers. As a lead, you’ll have a few additional responsibilities.
When you buy a new or used car at a dealership, it is the auto porter who brings it to a pick-up location. It''s this job that ensures the vehicle is ready, so the customer can get behind the wheel and drive away.
General duties for this lead position will include but are not limited to:
- Create monthly work schedule for team of 4-5 porters
- Manage workflow
- Handle any escalated customer interactions
- Move and park vehicles as needed
- Wash cars and clean the interiors so that customers see an attractive vehicle
- Fill up gas tanks as needed
- Keep track of vehicle locations on the lot
- Fill in for local shuttle driver as needed
40-50 hours week. Work availability needed is M-F between the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm and occasional Saturdays between 8am and 2pm.
Must consent to background check, motor vehicle check, and drug screen.
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803