Senior Scientist (Cybersecurity) Engineer
Located in Utica, NV
IT Software engineering company is seeking a Senior Scientist (Cybersecurity) Engineer to be responsible for identifying emerging technical trends/capabilities for the company to invest in enhancing its skills, expertise and/or achievable solutions for existing and potential customers. Such efforts will require the individual to initiate and carry out technical Research and Development (R&D) efforts by leading contributing teams of researchers and engineers on well-defined R&D tasks. The research, schedule, and company investments will be coordinated with the Senior Management Team and the program managers of the company’s primary contracts in the applied technical domains. The anticipated R&D activities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the broad areas of cybersecurity, software intensive systems, network communications, data analytics, and artificial intelligence/machine learning. The applications include solutions for both government and industry.
- PH.D. or equivalent in computer, electrical engineering, mathematics, computer engineering, or a directly related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the application of formal and rigorous methods for software engineering, computer networking and/or cybersecurity.
- Understanding of US Government and Department of Defense (DoD) computing and cybersecurity strategies, including federal initiatives, policies and standards along with Service-specific approaches to modern computing environments.
- Independent and/or team driven research competence as demonstrated by a significant number of national and/or international peer-reviewed publications and a sustained publication.
- Successful supervision and leadership of research staff with demonstrated success in research project management.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance from the Depart of Defense (DoD).
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502