PT Medical Billing with Experience
Located in Asheville, NC
An established medical office in South Asheville is looking for a Part Time detail oriented and experienced Medical Billing Clerk to help support their office. If you are looking for part time work with an opportunity to join an office that has an impact on the community this could be the position for you!
Medical Billing Clerk Job Responsibilities: Generates revenue by making payment arrangements; collecting accounts; monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts.
Medical Billing Clerk Job Duties:
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Utilizes collection agencies and small claims court to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies; determining appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies; testifying for the hospital in court cases.
- Initiates claims against estates by monitoring deaths and unpaid accounts; informing legal department to act on probate and estate issues; following-up with clerk of court.
- Secures outstanding balance payments for care of hospital employees by establishing payroll deductions; obtaining signatures for automatic transfers,
- Secures obstetrical payments by interviewing and obtaining information from pre-delivery patients; establishing payments due prior to delivery; sending monthly statements.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects hospital''s value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances billing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Billing Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Resolving Conflict,
20 hours a week $14-$18/doe
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803