Electrical Engineer II
Located in Holly, MI
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000 year
Express Employment Professionals of Howell/Brighton is assisting a Holly area Manufacturer looking for a skilled Electrical Engineer II. Candidate will perform engineering duties in planning, designing, developing, testing and supervising the manufacture and installation of electrical power distribution equipment, components, or systems for large custom HVAC/refrigeration equipment, chiller plants, boiler plants, and other central building utility plants.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and scheduled overtime is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, specifications and computer-generated reports in order to research, design and evaluate electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet customer requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Specify power system components or direct selection of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Select power distribution equipment as required to meet all applicable safety codes and standards.
- Calculate arc-flash ratings and PPE levels for power distribution equipment.
- Calculate and design power distribution systems for proper breaker coordination for equipment protection and operator safety.
- Calculate available fault current, full load amps, minimum circuit ampacity, and maximum overcurrent protection ratings for equipment.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems to ensure that design, installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Assist with project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Assist with development of budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Train and mentor team members.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Assist with shop testing of units.
- Assist with unit start-up as required at job sites.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Four-year degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
Experience: At least five years of applicable experience.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Outlook, related software skills.
Pay Range: $80,000 - $90,000 year
Please send resumes to Beth.Miracle@expresspros.com
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114