Electrical Engineering Supervisor
Located in Holly, MI
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
Express Employment Professionals of Howell/Brighton is assisting a Holly area manufacturer looking for a qualified Electrical Engineering Supervisor. Responsible for reviewing (for accuracy, functionality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness) the work of those engaged in performing engineering duties related to planning and designing HVAC and other mechanically functioning equipment. Provide direction, assign work, oversee and be responsible for output and day to day performance of the people in the department.
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and scheduled overtime is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, specifications and computer-generated reports.
- Review product design and ensure compliance with specifications.
- Research, design and evaluate HVAC and mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Advise engineers and other personnel to ensure proper implementation of operating procedures, resolve discrepancies, and provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate equipment or system malfunctions.
- Review research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Investigate equipment or design failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation or design, and to make corrections in the engineering department to prevent re occurrence.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Review system components or direct selection of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Review performance requirements for vendors and suppliers.
- Solicit new business in the form of additional work on jobs and provide technical customer service.
- Review cost estimates, bids for engineering equipment and contract documents. Ensure accuracy of same.
- Review testing procedures and results.
- Supervise and train project engineers in all of the above duties and responsibilities.
- Have input and influence but not final authority over hiring, pay increases, performance reviews and disciplinary action.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education : Four-year degree in electrical engineering required, or equivalent experience.
Experience : 5-7 years' experience designing industrial custom HVAC/R, and mechanical systems preferred. Previous supervisory or project leadership experience a plus.
- Technical Aptitude - Experience and knowledge with short-circuit, protective device coordination, arc-flash and power quality studies. Must have experience with low and medium voltage systems. Working knowledge of DDC/PLC control systems
- Review and approve ongoing and completed engineering work; ensure that deadlines are met and work is completed with accuracy and high quality.
- Perform and/or supervise engineering work, analysis, studies and design, including:
- Power factor analysis and correction, install power quality meters and conduct analysis, harmonic modeling and analysis, and grounding analysis.
- Troubleshooting switchgear and relay controls electrical systems.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $100,000
Please send resumes to Beth.Miracle@expresspros.com
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114