Facilities Maintenance Technician
Located in Windermere, FL
Salary: $16.00/hr - $17.00/hr
Perform routine and preventive maintenance and repairs for a designated building, facilities, and equipment, ensuring technical operations are in proper running order. Perform a variety of ground and troubleshooting tasks such as weekly and monthly checklists, responding to emergency maintenance requests, assisting with the renovation, remodeling, and maintaining proper records of scheduled maintenance. Receive work assignments, tasks and daily operational work orders from the Project Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide timely equipment maintenance & repairs to assure minimal amount of downtime.
- Advise the Project Coordinator know when you need parts, tools, equipment, etc so they can be ordered in a timely manner.
- Have general carpentry knowledge with the ability to build and or assemble shelving, workbenches, fences, doors, walls, and equipment, etc.
- Repair and maintain records on all electrical, plumbing, HVAC.
- Have general electrical knowledge in wiring, plugs, cables, power circuits, and appliances
- General plumbing to include but not limited to the ability to repair and troubleshoot leaks, breaks, clogged lines and drains and maintain a septic system.
- General masonry skills such as lay forms, mix, pour and finish concrete for buildings, sidewalks, and slabs
- Conduct all necessary chemical and pressure tests for the pools and spas and maintain appropriate maintenance records for government agencies.
- Assure that the buildings and their physical plants are monitored and overseen in such a way that the organization's assets do not deteriorate beyond ordinary usage.
- Assist in the development and maintaining a comprehensive inventory plan.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with Project Coordinator, Maintenance
- Supervise and provide feedback regarding all contract services to include cleaning, electricians, heating and cooling, plumbers, landscapers, etc. to assure that all work is of an appropriate quality and completed on a timely basis.
- Help maintain all tools and equipment that this department has to make sure everything is in a safe operating order. If you see any unsafe equipment or tools, report that to the Project Coordinator or Maintenance Director attention.
- Works outside that could be in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., heat, cold, and rain) or moderate periods of time and exposure to traffic and moving machinery.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous general maintenance experience preferred.
- Must show willingness, eagerness and have an open mind to learn a new trade.
- Must have stability in a professional working environment.
- Must hold an EPA Certification. Prefer CPO as well or be able to obtain CPO certification within 90 days from hire date.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work and perform in inclement weather both inside and out
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously while also providing attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work long and flexible hours without advance notice.
- In the event of emergency or hurricane, must be able to respond accordingly.
- Ability to make decisions in emergency situations in the best interest of ICC.
- Ability to work all shifts and weekends.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable for automobile insurance with company’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Express Office: Orlando
2411 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32809