Shipping and Receiving Lead
Located in Lakeville, MN
Positon Summary: To receive and stock incoming product, and prepare product for shipping. If required, to ensure the timely and safe delivery of raw and finished goods to vendors and/or customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform shipping and receiving duties.
- Load and unload trucks, and operate scale as required.
- Prepare product for shipping as required.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments.
- Accurately record shipping & receiving information into the VISUAL system in a timely manner.
- Participate in regularly-scheduled cycle counts.
- Maintain inventory accuracy.
- Present a positive image of the company to vendors and customers.
- Operate a forklift as required to move raw and finished goods.
- Deliver product to vendors and/or customers as required.
- Maintain accurate driving logs and other job-related paperwork (e. g. packing lists).
- Ensure Shipping and Receiving area is cleaned and organized.
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of the dock and shipping areas.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of factory related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to interpret packing slips and correctly enter information into the computer system.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Quality Management System
- Labor ticket entry system (Visual)
- Must be able to lift 50#
- Frequent stooping, bending, twisting, squatting, pushing and pulling
- Occasional lifting above shoulder level
- Must be able to drive truck for ten (10) hours at a time when necessary.
- Manufacturing facility
- Part of shift may be spent in traffic
Express Office: Lakeville (Savage)
8275 210th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044