Composite Design Engineer
Located in London, ON, ON
Salary: Salary based on experience
Composite Design Engineer
On behalf of my client in London, I am recruiting for a Composite Design Engineer that is experienced with Solidworks modeling and ASTM standards for testing composites.
Composite Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Generate creative, innovative, technical solutions to challenging problems by employing advanced composite materials.
- Coordinate testing of materials, components, and assemblies to evaluate engineering properties and conformance.
- Proactively work with management group to improve existing processes and operations by introducing new technology to improve current processes.
- Manage projects and programs to ensure on timely delivery in a cost-effective manner.
- Support the Quality and Program Management teams with customer inquiries as they relate to product form, fit, function.
- Develop a knowledge of composites manufacturing processes, for example; hand lay-up, vacuum bagging, bonding, and machining.
- Create, develop and guide concepts through product design, materials and process, prototyping, testing, and qualification towards the end result of a production ready product.
- Understand the fundamentals of composite processing and material development. Applications can include various defense composite structures as well as thermal and electrical protection systems.
- Support the creation of test plans, requests for proposals, and quotes in a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain the material processing and component fabrication capabilities in support of advanced composite component and bonded assembly development.
- Follow requirements as required by Controlled Goods Registration and other defense sector registrations i.e. ITAR, etc.
Composite Design Engineer Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Materials Engineering or related
- 2+ Years of Direct Composite Industry Specific Experience
- Ability to create, interpret and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, design documents, schematics, drawings and part lists.
- Excellent Solidworks modeling ability and excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience with ASTM standards for testing of composites.
- Strong background in materials, manufacturing processes and chemical processes.
- Experience with Solidworks design and FEA software applications as they apply to composite materials.
- Able to rapidly work and learn with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams.
- Demonstrate initiative, reliability and positive team attitude.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasis on rapid prototyping and fielding capabilities.
Please submit your resume to the recruiter at Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com
Express Office: London
300 Dundas Street
London, ON N6B 1T6