AutoCAD Design Drafter
Located in Bakersfield, CA
Salary: $14-$15/hr DOE
- Creates landscape/irrigation drawings by planning work; rendering views; recording dimensions; developing applications; preparing bills of materials; updating databases.
- Full time
- $14-$15/hr DOE, $17/hr after being hired on
- Plans drawings by reviewing sketches, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents; conferring with engineers and product designers.
- Prepares sketches and drawings by rendering sectional, auxiliary, and multiviews, sub-assemblies, pictorials, dimensions, and developments; producing two- and three-dimensional orthographic projections using computer aided design (CAD) and pictorial techniques; producing three-dimensional (3-D) models including 3-D and spherical coordinates.
- Prepares irrigation detail drawings by developing applications and calculations of castings, forgings, stampings, machined components, gears, cams, bearings, belt and drive chains, splines, linkages, dies, jogs, hydraulics, and pneumatics; producing fit specifications and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T); analyzing force systems in equilibrium, involving loaded beams, columns, trusses, and riveted and welded joints, and internal stresses of loaded members; resolving conflicts between options.
- Prepares supporting information by developing bills of materials; standard parts, and fasteners.
- Modifies drawings by analyzing, resolving, and incorporating changes
- Documents work by recording data and drawings; updating databases.
- Complies with legal requirements by adhering to codes and regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by adjusting hardware configuration; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- AutoCAD, CAD, Drafting, Drafting Tools, Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Conceptual Skills, Presentation Skills, Functional and Technical Skills, Thoroughness, Analyzing Information
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of California irrigation laws, preferred (will be trained if not)
Express Office: Bakersfield
1400 Chester Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93301