Under general supervision this position will be responsible for assisting in the full scope of supply chain management functions. These functions include sourcing and receiving of raw materials, production planning, and logistics. In addition to supply chain management, the position be responsible for determining the most effective and efficient methods to improve the manufacturing process within the plant.
- Always work in a safe manner and drive safe behaviors throughout the company. Maintain a clean and safe work environment by using 5S principles.
- Develop and establish JIT methods to reduce inventory levels of both work in process material and raw materials
- Use of Kanban system to assure that needed materials are present at the correct process at the correct time
- Perform time studies to establish standard cycle times for a variety of manufacturing processes
- Perform cost analysis on company products in order to find methods or alternative that will reduce overall cost of the item
- Assist with the acquisitions of capital expenditures
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization
- Participate in Kaizen sessions in the pursuit to continually improve the utilization of personnel, materials, machinery, and manufacturing processes
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- BS in Industrial Engineering or other related degree from an accredited university. Advanced degree preferred
- Zero to two years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- SAP experience preferred
- CAD/Visual Modeling experience preferred