Product Line Manager
Located in Glen Carbon, IL
Salary: Based on Experience
Job Summary: The Product Line Manager’s (PLM) role is to identify, develop, and market products for the assigned Product group. Lead the overall marketing process that includes market analysis, development of product strategies, product innovation, and profitability analysis. The PLM will complete internal and field research to position our products to succeed and Basler as a market leader. The position will work with other internal departments, including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance.
- Identify and lead the efforts for new product development/enhancements to existing products.
- Conduct market research in order to identify and develop products and/or services that meet the needs of our Customers.
- Develop domestic and global product and market strategies with the team.
- Develop global pricing strategy and implement product pricing.
- Launch assigned products to the global market place.
- Measure product performance including market share, revenue, and profitability.
- Provide regular reports on product quality and product life cycles.
- Routinely complete cost reduction reviews of the product line.
- Develop and maintain a market-forecasting model for each product.
- Responsible for setting specific product forecast quantities used in the inventory planning system by Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Production planning. Ensure proper inventory levels to support the forecast.
- Plan and execute promotional and advertising programs in conjunction with Basler’s Corporate Marketing group.
- Attend key trade shows to acquire competitive and market intelligence.
- Collect, organize, and maintain data on our competitors and their products. Present this data to Supervisor and others as directed on a regular basis.
- Monitor field experience and recommend design improvements as required.
- Ensure all relevant product information is easily available to Customers and internal staff.
- Identify and implement steps to ensure Customers an industry leading experience for the assigned product line.
- Provide product training for domestic and international sales personnel and representatives.
- Travel up to 30-40% as required. The position may require 2-3 international trips per year.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Direct Hire
Pay: Based on Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Marketing or Technical field.
- Solid working knowledge of assigned product areas and markets or other technical field.
- Five to ten years’ experience of combined sales, marketing, and product management.
- Understanding and previous experience with new product development launches.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Project preferred, but not required.
How To Apply: Through the link below, submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location. Call 618-288-8011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034