Located in Glen Carbon, IL
Salary: Based on Experience
Job Summary: Our client is looking for a General Accountant to join their team. The responsibilities of the General Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and process certain monthly and annual financial close processes in an accurate and timely fashion. May include preparation of monthly financial statements for distribution to ownership and senior management.
- Provide detailed account and activity analysis to prepare certain general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare and maintain certain monthly analysis and reconciliations for the year-end financial close process.
- Prepare and maintain audit schedules for the year-end audit process.
- Participate in the budget process, including preparation of the appropriate schedules and analysis.
- Ensure certain general ledger transactions are recorded and classified accurately and timely.
- Responsibility for tracking and maintaining fixed assets.
- Certain cost accounting responsibilities including analysis of cost-of-sales variances, developing profitability analysis for the sales quoting process, analyzing product mix analysis, bill of material and routing analysis, etc.
- Preparations and filings of Corporate Sales & Use, property, and franchise tax returns.
- Prepare and process payroll.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Direct Hire
Pay: Based on Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related Business degree.
- Minimum 5 years of similar experience preferred.
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of accounting principles to a variety of Corporate Accounting activities ranging from routine daily transactions to complex analysis.
- Competent in use of Microsoft® Office applications and experience in Oracle software a plus.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
How To Apply: Through the link below, submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location. Call 618-288-8011 or email email@example.com with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034