Engineering COOP - Software
Located in Glen Carbon, IL
Salary: Based on Experience
Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a Engineering COOP (Software) to join their team. The Engineering Coop (Software) is responsible for the functional and empirical analysis and design as related to developing and implementing software operating systems for the Company's products. This may include, but is not limited to, operating software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software. May be involved in the development of testing strategies, devices, and systems.
- Create, modify, and maintain software for new and revised products.
- Assist in developing and tracking schedules for software development or revisions.
- Assist in the development of programming standards and practices.
- Use software development tools such as assemblers, compliers, emulators, etc.
- Work with Design Engineer and Project Leader during the development of a new/revised design.
- Assist in the development of the definition of the software requirements, objectives, and modules for a new or revised design.
- Perform hardware design when required.
- Perform or assist others in software testing or establishing software testing requirements.
- Program in Assembly, C, and/or other high-level language.
- Work with customers, users, and others to develop software-operating requirements or to troubleshoot/debug existing problems. This includes travel when required.
- Assist in the training of the software operation of a new or revised design.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time and/or part time, Direct Hire
Pay: Based on Experience
- Active enrollment in a Bachelor’s (senior status) or Master’s degree program specializing in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Ability to work part-time or full-time Monday through Friday.
- Familiar with C/C++, embedded software (firmware) development, and Linux, and comfortable with digital hardware concepts.
- In addition to software development, responsibilities of the position include analysis of technical requirements, software architecture and design, and software verification. Plus’s include: Real-time software development, unit testing / test-driven development, source control using Git or Subversion, familiarity with embedded in-system debugging, security, secure coding, knowledge of electrical engineering and power systems, C#, User Interface design.
- Motivated to learn and detail oriented.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
How To Apply: Through the link below, submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location. Call 618-288-8011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034