Located in Glen Carbon, IL
Salary: Based on Experience
Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a Buyer to join their team. The Buyer will manage assigned commodities as required in a dynamic environment to meet corporate objectives in the most efficient manner to minimize risk, reduce cost, and eliminate waste, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies. Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review assigned commodities for material budget as required.
- Recommend and maintain supplier relationships to meet corporate objectives.
- Ensure availability of materials to meet production schedules.
- Assist in make/buy decisions.
- Negotiate contracts to meet corporate objectives.
- Approve purchase orders to ensure compliance with requirements for assigned commodities.
- Work with various departments to establish manufacturers of required components.
- Maintain database to ensure data is correct for components and supplier information.
- Review market trends and analysis to ensure best practices are driven within your perspective commodities.
- Ensure purchase orders are issued to cover requirements for assigned products, goods/services.
- Review and coordinate suppliers’ on-time delivery performance, quality, cost reductions, inventory turns, and multiple sourcing.
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing activities to meet department objectives.
- Actively participate in companywide project management teams as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Direct Hire
Pay: Based on Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field and two years of buying experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Two or more years of experience as a Buyer, or related position, preferably in manufacturing.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Effective verbal, written, flexibility, decision-making, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MRP applications is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to travel as necessary.
How To Apply: Through the link below, submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location. Call 618-288-8011 or email email@example.com with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034