Saw Operator 2nd Shift
Located in Cedar Hill, TX
Setup and operate Hem and large band saws. Responsible for accurately measuring the cut lengths from a cut list and prints, choosing the correct material size and loading structural material onto saw. Will also deburr, inspect, and correctly label parts when complete.
- Load and un-load material
- Communicate with previous/next shift on open order status.
- Able to run multiple saws simultaneously
- Ability to think ahead on next step or process of workload
- Set up machine tool(s) by adjusting guides, working tables and other controls to handle the size of stock to be sawed
- Determine proper feeds, speeds, tooling and operation sequence and select those prescribed in drawings, blueprints
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments, making necessary adjustments during operation to achieve requisite dimensions within tolerance
- Bundle and band materials neatly for shipping
- Uses grinder to smooth out burrs and clean surface of malt when necessary.
- Mark identification onto products
- Know and follows all safety instructions and guidelines
- Keeps area and equipment clean and free of debris
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong mechanical skills and basic math skill reading tape measure required
- Experience working with hand tools is preferred
- Experience operating Hem WF band saws including miter cuts and angles is preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Must have knowledge of angles and the ability to calculate them
- Ability to read work orders and blueprints.
- Ability to recognize characteristics of metals
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate overhead dual hoist crane
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to operate onsite machinery.
Full-time / 2ND Shift 2:30PM – 11:00PM
- High school or equivalent
- Saw Operator: 2 years.
- Can train the right person but experience is preferred.
Pay is $14-16/hr+ Will pay more when hired DIRECTLY.
An ideal candidate should:
-Be a self-starter and self-motivator
-Able to work well independently and well with a team
-Have an impeccable work ethic and attendance record
-Disciplined and self-motivated
-Punctual and dependable
-Must be detail oriented, accurate and well organized
-Strong written/verbal communication skills in English
-High School diploma or GED is required
Jeans/pants, t-shirt without large or offensive graphics, AND STEEL TOED WORK SHOES OR BOOTS
Must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when required
All applicants are considered based upon skills, availability, attendance, behavior, work history and references.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Paid Weekly
- Medical/Dental Insurance available
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
- 401k options
It is our goal to find you long term work through the temp-to-hire process. Express has helped five million people find work over the last 30 years. We are the #1 staffing franchise and our 600 locations are focused on putting the next million to work
Express Office: Waxahachie
507 North Highway 77
North Gate Plaza
Waxahachie, TX 75165