Located in San Mateo, CA
Express Employment Professionals helps job seekers find the right job for their skills and experience. As one of the leading staffing agencies in North America, Express provides employment services and workforce solutions. We are actively recruiting for an exceptional Cook for our client in San Mateo, CA.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of two years cook experience in a full-service restaurant, proficient in English, and good at organizing work in a way that gets the best results. Must have a team oriented attitude, the ability to communicate well with coworkers, and maintain professionalism. This is a great opportunity for the right person!
Key responsibilities include:
- Proficient knife skills, and understanding of how to read and execute a recipe including preparing menu items, plating, portioning, arranging, and attention to presentation.
- Labeling and dating all food items, ensuring proper quality using methods such as tasting, smelling, or testing proper cooking temperature with a thermometer
- Operating a variety of kitchen equipment safely
- Responsible for setting up, organizing, cleaning, sanitizing their stations and the kitchen
- Ability to use cut glove and other kitchen safety equipment
- Ability to work in high pressure
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Willing to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, holidays and weekends if necessary
- Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card
Medical, Sick Time Off, Vacation Time Off, 401K Company Matching and more!
Express Office: San Mateo
1700 South Amphlett Boulevard
San Mateo, CA 94402