Located in Bakersfield, CA
- Check micrometers at the beginning of each shift and log in book
- Take machine readings as required or necessary to ensure proper settings, enter on the Operations Report. Make adjustments as needed and record changes.
- Pull material from stock, enter in inventory book and on material sheet, enter any unused material back into inventory. Maintain accurate material inventories.
- Take wall readings and O.D. readings with micrometer. Check O.D. with periphery tapes. Check product length. Enter all of these on the quality control sheets as required or necessary; make adjustments as needed to assure required quality control.
- Ensure product meets customer or ASTM specifications and accuracy. Report any issues or quality defects to the assistant shift leader and/or shift leader.
- Make sure printing is neat, clear, and correct; adjust as needed. Clean heads of inkjet printers at beginning of shift
- Record any and all changes made in the extrusion process during your shift.
- Make sure that all extrusions are straight, ends cut square, smooth I.D., shiny and scratch free O.D., and that any out of specification product is isolated and disposed of or handled as required.
- Collect samples of pipe and rod for the lab as needed.
- As you learn these practices, always check with your Shift Leader or a more experienced operator.
- Assist in starting up and knocking down extruders.
- Operate fork-lift truck as required in a safe manner.
- Set up and adjust skidding tables for skidding pipe.
- Bend and align bands for proper banding.
- Position plastic wrap in skidding table as needed. Keep seam off to one side and tuck ends under when closing up wrap
- Operate the banding machine properly and tighten bands without snapping bands.
- Label skids when necessary and place labels where instructed on skid
- Lift skid of pipe out of skidding table and stack skids as instructed.
- Actively participate in Safety meetings by either attending meetings or reading the monthly Safety Minutes.
- Assist operators in putting together set ups, changing rubbers and vacuum sizing tubes in tanks. Install and adjust sizing tubes as necessary.
- Make adjustments to the extruder, take offs, or tanks to bring the extrusion into the proper specifications.
- Calculate and record extrusion rates, footage and pounds per hour.
- Access the computer for proper print stream (size, pressure, machine number, etc.) and download into printer
- Provide for proper disposition of scrap and regrind.
- Ensure product meets customer or ASTM specifications and accuracy. Responsible for reporting any issues or quality defects to the assistant shift leader and/or shift leader.
- Forklift Certification thru WesTec
- Must be proficient at math
- Must be able to work in an industrial environment
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to start immediately
Call (661) 395-0395 for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Bakersfield
1400 Chester Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93301