Located in Asheville, NC
Our client manages third party liability and workers'' compensation claims for healthcare providers throughout the Southeast. As an administrative assistant, you will work closely with this company as well as one of its largest clients. You will physically work within the Revenue Cycle Department of one of our client providers. This will be a long term temporary position Monday-Friday 8am-5pm $14-$15/hr
This position will be the point person between the organization, the patient, and the provider. The person for this position must understand and promote the relationship between our company and the provider by managing relationships with employees at every level of the provider''s organization.
The primary job duties are as follows:
- Input patient and liable third party information into database and provider systems; basic to cross-informational data entry
- Receive and process insurance information and forms from patients, insurance companies, and attorneys
- Process additional information and request from patients, insurance companies, and attorneys on the billing of patient treatment
- Review and manage patient accounts to ensure that proper documentation, payments, and necessary letters of authorization are entered correctly
- Manage patient accounts through the company''s database and coordinate with home office in regards to medical information and billing to third parties
Requirements to be considered for this position:
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: The candidate is required to have either an Associates in a Healthcare related field or Bachelors degree.
Experience in lieu of education: if a candidate does not have the educational requirement, three years of insurance, medical billing, and/or legal work can be substitute for the education requirement.
- Ability to read and interpret basic business correspondence, safety instructions, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write routine business correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and communicate with physicians, patients, and other staff members. Ability to speak Spanish is not required, but will be considered a plus in an applicant.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic keyboard skills and computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Good telephone skills, including use of multi-line phone
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Medical terminology helpful.
The selected candidate will travel to the out of state corporate office for two weeks training prior to the begining of work at the client. Travel and hotel will be covered.
Must consent to drug screen, background check and TB screen.
Will need to travel for training.
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803