Located in Bend, OR
A well-established and growing professional services organization is seeking an experienced Business Manager to lead their team!
Where You Get To Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get To Do!
The Business Manager supervises, directs and manages the business and administrative operations, which includes oversight of human resources, accounting/finance, information technology, marketing and business development, facilities and related functions. Including but not limited to:
Human Resources and Staff Management
· Staffing Requirements and Competencies: Determine required positions and competency requirements in order to maintain efficient and cost effective work flows, and internal and external client service. Responsible for all staff hiring decisions, performance management and terminations.
· Compensation: Monitor market compensation and benefits, and determine compensation for all administrative staff new hires and annual merit increases and bonuses within budget limits set by the Executive Committee.
· Professional Development: Design and implement professional development programs for administrative staff, focused on client service, teamwork and morale.
- Office Management: Establish office hours, procedures, holiday and vacation schedules. Identify and develop opportunities for community service, wellness, diversity and inclusion, and social interaction.
Finance and Accounting (work with accounting department)
· Budget: Prepare and monitor capital and operating budgets for the firm. Identify financial issues of importance to the firm to the attention of leadership for discussion and consideration.
· Financial Reporting & Analysis: Provide regular and timely financial reporting and analysis of the firm’s finances and profitability, monitoring performance against budget, and bringing important trends and issues to the attention of the leadership team for discussion and consideration.
- Expense Approval: As primary or secondary source, approve all expenditures.
- Purchasing: Contract for purchases of necessary equipment and supplies, within the limits prescribed by the operating and capital budgets.
- Fixed Asset Purchases and Leases: Facilitate and review, before commitment to any such transaction.
Information Technology, and Records Systems Management
- Identify technology developments and trends in industry and recommend to firm management and practice leaders cost-efficient solutions which (i) effectively serve administrative, legal and client needs, and (ii) enables the firm to develop and maintain a competitive advantage in its marketplace.
- Ensure financial, docket, client/matter data, document record data systems are integrated to provide efficient workflow, data integrity, and exceptional client service.
- Oversee new client/matter intake processes.
- Develop, monitor and update firm's disaster recovery procedures.
Marketing and Business Development
- Identify ideas and trends in the marketplace regarding effective marketing and business development.
- Develop programs to assist team with needed business development skills.
- Analyze client and prospective client data for identification of business development opportunities.
- Identify opportunities, programs and systems to develop and promote the business’s reputation.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Monitor risk management practices and bring material non-compliance to the attention of the Executive Committee.
- Access to all firm records and ensure all record keeping is in compliance with office and industry requirements.
From time-to-time, the Business Manager will be required to assist in the development and administration of special projects. This may include gathering data and development of well-documented analyses and evaluations pertaining to issues upon which the Partners must act or make decisions.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- A minimum of five years of experience in an accounting/finance leadership role
- Previous experience in a professional services firm
- Advanced software skills including MS Office
- Knowledge of IT systems and human resources
- A passion for the work you do!
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702