Maintenance Specialist- Night Shift
Located in Champaign, IL
Salary: $20 - $22 p/h
Job Title: Maintenance Specialist
Department: Technical Support Department
Reports To: Assistant Manager of Technical Support
Summary: Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, mechanical and electrical systems in industrial setting. Works with Engineers assisting with major repairs and new equipment installation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively seeks out and engages in finding solutions for recurring problems.
- Responds to line calls, troubleshoots problems, and makes repairs in a timely fashion.
- Document actions taken to correct machine problems and log downtime for machines.
- Assists in the coordination of scheduled downtime and plans for predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance with production and maintenance problems. Escalates issues as needed to drive timely and effective resolution.
- Maintains a good relationship with the operators on the floor by communicating with them daily.
- Completes PM''s correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintains a working knowledge of programmable controllers from a hardware and software standpoint as well as electrical power and control systems to include three-phase and single-phase AC, as well as DC power and controls.
- Maintains maintenance shop and work area in an orderly fashion.
- Interacts in a professional manner with all customers, external and internal always keeping AFSI developments and trade secrets protected.
- Attends continuous improvement meetings and maintains effective communications on all related issues.
- Ensures equipment is in safe operating condition with procedures, emphasizing safe procedures and proper practices to production technicians.
- Maintains high standards of safety and cleanliness in the plant, especially in assigned area of focus.
- Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
- Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor.
- Assists in accident scene investigations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
Associate''s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Is able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Is able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of common manufacturing software (spreadsheets, word-processing, programmable logic controllers).
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Powered Industrial Equipment license will be required. Electrical Safety Certification required.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
Strong working knowledge of industrial electrical systems such as 3-phase, AC/DC voltage, transformers, motors, starters, relays, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Express Office: Champaign
1001 North Mattis Avenue
Champaign, IL 61821