Field Mechanic /Service Technician
Located in Bakersfield, CA
Salary: $25-$35 D.O.E.
The Field Mechanic / Service Tech. is a journeyman position. Express Employment Professionals places high expectations on this position. Candidate must work independently to complete a wide variety of hydraulic repairs both in our shop and at customer’s locations (field repairs). Work closely with the shop supervisor to coordinate repair jobs and properly account for labor time. Be available for On-call duty as required. Assist mechanic trainees and mechanic #1 when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be proficient in welding skills with acetylene, arc, and wire feed welding.
- Be proficient in the proper use of all hand tools
- Be proficient in the operation of pneumatic hand tools
- Work through mechanical problems with very little or no assistance
- Operate all of the following equipment safely: Cylinder test stand, Pump/motor test stand, Band saw, Cylinder workers, Cylinder hone, Grinders, Presses, Hoists, Forklifts, Pressure & Parts washer, Field Service Truck and truck equipment, Hose test stand
- Follow all safety regulations and attend all safety meetings
- Be able to disassemble, evaluate, repair, reassemble, and test hydraulic pumps, motors, cylinders, and valves of different styles and configurations with little or no assistance.
- Be proficient in trouble shooting hydraulic systems and repair as required
- Keep work area clean and organized at all times
- Ensure that the Field Service Truck is serviced regularly and maintained as required and that it is kept clean and organized at all times
- Complete all paperwork accurately, legible, and timely as required
- Communicate job/project status to the shop supervisor and/or service writer as required
- Be proficient in fabricating hydraulic hose assemblies and tubing fabrication
- Be proficient in hydraulic system layout, plumbing, and safe testing operations
- Always represent the company in a friendly and professional manner
- Follow all company procedures
- Must be physically fit. Able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work on your feet and work in many different positions including lying down, kneeling, and working overhead for extended periods.
High School Diploma or GED.
This position requires a valid California Drivers License and a clean DMV record. Candidate must speak fluent English and be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers. Candidate must work independently the majority of the time. Be able to take instructions with minimal follow up. Must have at least 5 years of hydraulic mechanic experience. Must pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Express Office: Bakersfield
1400 Chester Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93301