Express Employment Professionals is seeking an Operations Director for our Yellowknife based client. The Operations Director is responsible for all aspects of operations of the property and provide leadership and strategic planning to departments in support of a customer service oriented culture and business growth mindset. Yellowknife, the capital city of the NWT offers an adventure of a lifetime!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and effectively supervise all staff to ensure that operations run in an efficient and safe manner at all times. Clearly communicate the mission and goals to staff for meeting successful performance.
- Organize resources, perform tasks, and coordinate with all departments to effectively perform work and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guess needs.
- Prepare action plans that accurately reflect the needs of the contract holder and operate within the budget constraints. Manage on-going profitability of the property, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that reports on occupancy, food costs, and administration are completed and remain on target.
- Managing of procurement to ensure effective supplies/equipment sourcing and contracting 3rd party vendors for service and maintenance.
- Effectively work with Human Resources to ensure adequate staffing, scheduling and training for workforce
- Remain knowledgeable and compliant with all safety and security requirements outlined in NWT legislation and property policy.
- Conduct safety meetings and ensure appropriate documentation and participation by staff.
- A minimum of 5 -7 years previous hospitality management experience
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a business-related field or health care will be an asset (equivalencies will be considered)
- Hands on management style with exceptional leadership skills.
- Proven track record with customer service and exceeding guest expectations.
- Proven computer skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proven understanding of finances, budgets and cost control measures.
- Familiarity and respect/sensitivity working with diverse cultures
Compensation includes up to $100,000+ base salary plus relocation expense reimbursement and a comprehensive benefits package.