Located in Fort Myers, FL
Located in Fort Myers, FL
Works as a member of a team to process orders efficiently and ship to the customer on time and complete. Effectively assigns inventory to customer orders and matches orders to truck load shipments to maximize load weight and reduce costs. Principal contact with customers, order management and production control to meet customer expectations. This position must be willing to work different shifts and weekends.
Essential Position Functions
- Role model principle centered behaviors, including integrity, trust, fairness, candid and forthright communication and positive work attitude.
- Understanding of all basic computer software, to include Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Be well organized to ensure the proper paperwork flow occurs: originating, receiving, issuing, and filing.
- Highly efficient in Peoplesoft, Pick/Pack/and Ship. Must learn within 30 days on the job and capable of troubleshooting. Be capable of fulfilling all tasks of the pick/pack/ship process.
- Must have good people skills and telephone courtesy, as this position is the liasion between the facility and the customer.
- Coordinates with outside departments to ensure product availability, manage order changes, and resolve service problems.
- Actively support the policies and procedures established for auditor operations and continually demonstrate a high degree of ethics in all aspects of the work place.
- Actively promote an environment where teamwork is valued and recognized.
- A strong understanding of header notes including making proper entries and reading for special instructions.
- Have an understanding of PC Miler and the load dispatching process.
- Effectively communicate with customers, vendors, subordinates impressing a “can do” positive attitude.
- Position will be responsible to the Traffic Manager.
- Will work flexible schedules as well as weekend work.
- Responsible for the scheduling and all documentation of all outbound finished goods and customer returns.
- Use and maintain freight matrix. Only ships corporate approved rates in the freight matrix. Rate changes only occur after rates are re-bid and approved in the system.
- Comply with all safety and PPE policies while on the facility grounds.
- Score 100% on the Spectrum Brands Operational Standard Audit.
- Working knowledge of production and product line.
- Participate in staff meetings to promote maximum communication. Is responsible for contributing to the department goals and objectives and is included in department decision making.
- Enforce all company rules and policies, promotes safety and maintains orderliness of the transportation department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A drug screen is required.
- Qualifications: A minimum of 2-3 years of Transportation experience.
- Excellent leadership and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Must have good mathematical skills such as ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, use fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel Spreadsheet and other applications.
- Ideal candidates must be able to read, write, and speak English clearly.
Position Type: Evaluation Hire
Pay: $15 per hour
Schedule: Hours are flexible, but in general it starts with 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
- Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com
- Complete an online application on our website https://apply.expresspros.com/account/login submit it to the Fort Myers, Florida location
- Call our office 239-277-9675
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support; we are a Human Resources Solution company assisting business in finding top talent. Express can place you in a wide range of niche industries including Administrative, Professional, Medical, and Commercial positions. We are able to fill these needs through direct hire and contract opportunities. In 2017 we put over 2500 people to work in the Lee County Area.
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit https://www.expresspros.com/FtMyersFL/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Fort Myers (Northeast Corridor)
7370 College Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33907