Legal Practice Assistant
Located in Dallas, TX
Legal Practice Assistant $50K
This position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative and word processing duties while exercising sound judgment over work priorities with minimal supervision. Strong legal and administrative skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and perform well under strict deadlines, are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Types and edits documents quickly and accurately, proofreading for content and typographical errors.
- Utilizes firm technology (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) effectively.
- Completes work product according to instructions and within the requested time frame.
- Handles general administrative duties such as travel arrangements, meeting coordination, expense reports, time entry and the new business memorandum process with efficiency and in a proactive manner.
- Answers telephone calls, takes messages or provides information as appropriate.
- Opens and closes files as necessary, promptly handles the filing of legal or other administrative materials and sends materials to off-site storage as necessary.
- Attends training classes to keep up to date with technological advances and software upgrades.
- Provides additional back-up coverage to other Professional Assistants as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Five years of Real Estate experience required.
Requires strong legal and administrative skills, as well as ability to multi-task and perform well under strict deadlines. Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented. Familiarity with document management systems a plus.
Experience in Microsoft Word (including creating and revising documents) and Outlook required; experience in PowerPoint, Excel and Visio strongly preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to follow instructions effectively. Must be a self-starter who can work both independently or in a team environment. Must possess excellent customer service skills and be flexible to handle changing priorities to support business needs. Must have good telephone etiquette and excellent interpersonal skills.
Must score 60 wpm with 2% or lower error rate on the firm’s legal typing test and 76% or higher on the firm’s legal spelling test. Must understand and maintain confidentiality of the attorney-client relationship.
For immediate consideration, email email@example.com
Express Office: Dallas (North)
14755 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75254