Quality Assurance Manager - Food Safety
Located in Poseyville, IN
Salary: $60 - $85,000
This is an awesome opportunity! Our client is well established food producer that is relocating one of their food product manufacturing facilities to Indiana. They are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance / Food Safety Manager.
You will be responsible for all quality assurance and food safety aspects of processed food activities; develop and refine food safety plan for operations, participate directly in continuously improve plan and maintain facility food safety and quality assurance department as a GFSI Practitioner. You will also oversee and manage quality/food safety requirements for all co-manufacturing, storage and shipping facilities. Maintain and lead plant training for GFSI prerequisite programs. Monitor and analyze plant quality results and distribute reports. You will interface and interaction point to all regulatory bodies as needed. Interface with customers on food safety and quality matters. The QA Manager is participate in new product development as well.
- Manage the overall quality system and provide feedback to upper management
- Manage, train and supervise the employees of the QA Department
- Manage the overall costs of the QA Department
- Responsible for maintenance and continuous improvements of the company’s quality assurance plan covering the areas of Food Safety, SQF, HACCP/ SSOP, USDA / FDA Regulations, Bio-security
- Responsible for the training and enhancement of the Quality and GMP knowledge of all staff, including Food Safety and Food Defense; Manage Sanitation, including training, auditing and verification of Sanitation
- Serves as the primary contact for all Quality, Food Safety, Co-Manufacturing and Regulatory issues
- Develops implements and manages the Quality and Food Safety System
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 4-year college degree in applicable field (biology, micro-biology, chemistry, food science, etc.) or EQUIVALANT EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years’ experience in food safety/processed food production
- Certifications in SQF, HACCP and GFSI schemes a strong plus
- 4-year degree in applicable field (biology, micro-biology, chemistry, food science, etc.)
Contact info@GLSMgmt.com or Jobs.EvansvilleIN@ExpressPros.com for complete details.
Our location: 1100 Lincoln Ave, Evansville, Indiana 47714
Need more information about this position?
Contact us at (812) 401-5454, or by email Jobs.EvansvilleIN@expresspros.com. Please add “Administrative Assistant – Office Clerk” to the subject line of your email.
Express Employment Professionals & GLS Management works with job seekers to help find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, including full-time, part-time, and contract positions. As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, Indiana, and Evansville, we’re ready to help you take the next step in your career.
Building your career… Building Relationships... Apply Today.
Express Office: Evansville
1100 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, IN 47714