Located in Alvarado, TX
A company in Alvarado is needing a Purchasing/Buyer clerk.
Summary of Position:
Coordinate the procurement of all material, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit and assigned projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes and completes purchase orders; determines prices from available vendors which meet cost and quality guidelines; places orders; verifies receipt of purchase.
- Interface with Engineering personnel, Production Manager, Parts Sales, Accounting, Warehouse personnel and parent company to ensure purchasing needs are being met.
- General understanding and familiarity of engineering drawings and bill of materials (BOM).
- Negotiates with suppliers to obtain products within specifications at the best quantity and cost; negotiates delivery, terms and conditions, and pricing. Maintain price comparison spreadsheet(s).
- Analyze supply market conditions and determine most cost effective strategy for company with suppliers.
- Support Engineers in preparation of estimates by contacting vendors for “budgetary pricing” for materials.
- Communicates with suppliers during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the procurement document.
- Expedite orders to accommodate production schedule changes and arrange overnight shipping if part is needed immediately.
- Coordinates with accounts payable to resolve invoice pricing problems.
- Coordinates with receiving department to promptly resolve all receipt problems.
- Work with quality department to resolve problems with vendors for any quality/material defects.
- Participate as a team member in production meetings.
- Assist in special projects or other areas when needed or as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Associate Degree or 3-5 years previous experience as a purchasing agent; and/or a combination of experience and training.
- Background in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of government contracts and all associated paperwork.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as managing files and records.
- Proficient knowledge in the principles and practices of purchasing.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplying and dividing.
- Interact with vendors and various departments; good negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented; effective decision making (identify and prioritize).
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision; exhibit high motivation and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Must have proficient computer skills with experience in MS Office & Excel.
- Demonstrates a safety first thought process.
- Knowledge in Syspro
- OSHA knowledge or certification.
- Experience with ISO 9001, and/or AAR M-1003 QMS.
Our company offers a full benefit package including health insurance, 401K, and PTO.
Express Office: Waxahachie
507 North Highway 77
North Gate Plaza
Waxahachie, TX 75165