Located in Glen Carbon, IL
Salary: Up to $85,600/yr, BOE
Job Summary: Our Client in Madison County is looking for a Maintenance Scheduler to join their team. The Maintenance Scheduler maintains and manages a backlog of planned job packages for routine repair work, shutdown repair work and improvement projects. The M.S. ensures job packages fully satisfy work request scope and meet company requirements to ensure safe, effective and efficient execution of the work. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes approved scheduling tools and methodologies to schedule all non-emergency Maintenance Department work in such a way as to ensure all preventive and predictive maintenance tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the management of work request and work order backlog.
- Leads planning, scheduling and procurement efforts to ensure successful completion of annual outage/turnaround periods. Utilizes accepted project management methodologies to develop outage schedules; coordinating activities of the outage planning team to ensure all facets of outage planning are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Tracks and reports various metrics and data including but not limited to department KPIs, expenditures, and performance to budget.
- Leads weekly maintenance scheduling meetings.
- Ensures sufficient amount of work is planned to satisfy production needs as well as the available man-hour capacity. Discusses work orders with others as appropriate to ensure understanding of scope of work required, determining if work is capital or expense
- Reviews backlog list regularly to eliminate duplicate orders, optimize utilization of resources and ensure completeness and accuracy
- Creates and uses job plans lists for repetitive jobs & BOM's where appropriate.
- Reviews/audits executed plans to improve efficiency/effectiveness of work order planning.
- Participates in bidding process and requisitioning for third party services.
- Monitors and directs work activities within areas of responsibility, ensuring work is performed in a safe and efficient manner. Ensures compliance with company plant safety rules and lockout/tagout procedures.
- Maintains compliance with appropriate federal, State and local environmental regulations, reports and notifies appropriate plant personnel of any deviations per established standards.
- Participate in incident investigations as required, including reporting incidents to appropriate personnel, completing required documentation, recommending and implementing corrective actions, and communicating findings as appropriate.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Direct Hire
Pay: Up to $85,600/yr, BOE
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5-7 years related experience in a heavy industrial environment with at least 3 years in a planning/scheduling capacity. Previous supervisory or contract management experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) required, Maximo preferred. Minimum of 3 years of Microsoft Project experience.
- Knowledge of power distribution and instrumentation and controls (I&C). Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, motor controls, conveyor systems, machine shop practices, and other industrial maintenance skills. Ability to read schematics and blue prints.
How To Apply: Through the link below, submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location. Call 618-288-8011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034