Surveying Instrument Operator
Located in Hot Springs, AR
Local Hot Springs Engineering/Surveying Firm is looking for: Surveying Instrument Operator
The primary purpose of the Instrument Operator is to assist the Crew Chief in completing the crew's assigned field survey projects. The position requires good basic math skills, good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to follow instructions completely and accurately while working in/on rough terrain and in all weather conditions.
Surveying Instrument Operator functions and responsibilities include:
- Transmits survey data to proper files in the computer network and acquire data for field use;
- Accurately and efficiently clears line, establish points, tape, chain and level for field survey projects as assigned by Crew Chief;
- Report any mechanical, equipment or safety related problems to the Crew Chief;
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with other crew members to facilitate the timely and accurate completion of assigned projects;
- Observe all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the training of entry level rodmen as requested;
- Stand, walk, use hands, tools, controls, reach with arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as well as lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
Surveying Instrument Operator Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED diploma required
- 1-3 years of experience as an Instrument Operator and/or Rodman preferred;
- Arkansas residency and land surveying experience; (Hot Springs Area preferred)
- This position requires basic knowledge of the use and routine maintenance and cleaning of field surveying equipment. Knowledge of basic math (addition/subtraction, multiplication and division) and the types of measurements related to land surveying including linear, angular, elevations and unit systems conversion;
- Familiarity with GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, Data Collectors and Levels preferred;
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills;
- Overnight travel during the work week is a must, but is not guaranteed
- Must be familiar with the basic types of land surveying and terminology, and be knowledgeable about the field duties of an Instrument Operator and/or Rodman.
Three ways to apply: (choose one)
- Complete an online application on our website: https://apply.expresspros.com/account/login and submit it to the Hot Springs, Arkansas location.
- Call our office 501.520.0333
- Visit our office 1702 Malvern Avenue, Suite B – Hot Springs, AR 71901
To view what other positions we have available now, please visit us online: www.expresspros.com/hotspringsar
Express Employment Professionals cares about people. About business. About you. We are passionate about finding good people good jobs and about helping our clients reach their goals. For us, it’s personal. We live and work in Hot Springs, AR. We are invested in the success of our employees and the success of our clients. Express offers multiple benefits to our associates that can include: a medical plan, dental plan, vision/eyewear plan, prescription drug reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, and provisions for vacation and holiday pay, short-term disability, life insurance, and referral bonuses.
Express Office: Hot Springs
1702 Malvern Avenue
Hot Springs, AR 71901