Located in Tyler, TX
Express Employment Professionals of Tyler is currently seeking an experienced ECHO/Ultrasound Technician for a growing East Texas clinic.
- Reviews patient’s medical history and physician’s instructions. Prepares equipment for procedure. Selects appropriate equipment settings. Explains procedure to patient and records any medical history that may be relevant to the condition being viewed. Directs the patient to move into positions that will provide the best view.
- Spreads gel on the skin to aid the transmission of sound waves.
- Operates special equipment to direct nonionizing, high-frequency sound waves into areas of the patient’s body. The equipment collects reflected echoes and forms an image that may be videotaped, transmitted, or photographed for interpretation and diagnosis by a physician.
- Views the screen during the scan, looking for visual cues that contrast healthy areas with unhealthy ones. Selects images to show to the physician for diagnostic purposes. Takes measurements, calculates values, and analyzes the results in preliminary reports for the physicians.
- Keeps patient records and adjusts/maintains equipment.
- Complies with safety, infection control, and quality improvement policies/procedures.
- Schedule department staff as appropriate.
- Keep Director informed of any changes of equipment status and schedule changes.
- Any other duties assigned.
Education: High school diploma. Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Active certification by ARDMS in the specialties as appropriate. Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for all specialties.
Experience: Minimum one or more years of experience and/or training with graduate sonographer.
Call for an immediate interview! 903-592-9999
Express Office: Tyler
5609 Donnybrook Avenue
Tyler, TX 75703