Senior Collections Analyst
Located in Dallas, TX
Senior Collections Analyst
Responsible for daily functions of the firm-wide collection efforts, including conducting credit reviews for new and existing clients; inventory review and consultation with attorneys on payment status and efforts; contacting clients regarding payment; coordinating collection efforts with and through billing coordinators and other staff; developing and preparing inventory (AR and WIP) related reports; maintaining validity and functionality of firm collection software and providing training to billing staff and others as needed; analyzing inventory trends and providing forecasting and other high level analytics to provide recommendations to management and firm’s collection committee.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review collections status daily.
- Evaluate inventory to identify primary areas of focus.
- Analyze payment performance.
- Consult with attorneys and billing coordinators regarding payment status.
- Maintain detailed records on collection activities and updates using current collections software.
- Contact assigned clients to obtain payment or status updates; coordinate with billing coordinators and other staff in collection efforts.
- Familiar with client e-billing systems to review and follow up on pending invoices, rejections and possible appeals, examining adjustments and reviewer comments to effectively resolve outstanding invoices.
- Identify current and potential issues to alert attorneys and management of possible problem areas, analyzing accounts for key performance indicators.
- Research and resolve client payment disputes, including offering analysis and advice to attorneys on best practices for account management.
- Analyze inventory trends and provide forecasting and other high level analytics to provide recommendations to management, including effectively identifying and managing accounts identified as bad debt.
- Examine and develop metrics for firm inventory management; make recommendations to manager and CFO for process improvements.
- Meet regularly with clients to develop and foster relationships, both internal and external, establishing connections with key personnel to maintain current inventory.
- Prepare monthly review of top delinquent inventory to present to firm’s collection committee; prepare additional analytics and reports as needed.
- Conduct risk management assessments for new and existing clients utilizing Dun & Bradstreet tools.
- Monitor validity and functionality of the firm’s collection software, including serving as FS liaison with IT and providing training to colleagues as needed.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of new software.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, or related area.
Five years of progressive collections experience working in a professional services environment, preferably a law or accounting firm. Experience providing analysis and reports for Senior Management.
Understanding of best practices in collections. Knowledge of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Texas Collection laws and legal process preferred. Proficiency with Dunn and Bradstreet or similar risk assessment software preferred.
Proficient use of PC and knowledge of MS Office including proficiency in Excel. Experience with collections software. Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technology and train others in its use.
Inquisitive nature and demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems. Strong negotiation and relationship management skills. Able to gather and analyze information skillfully. Provide excellent customer service and have strong communication skills. Plan and prioritize work effectively, along with ability to work independently and with little direction. Must possess strong drive and able to advance projects to meet high demands. Demonstrate analytical capacity and strong business/financial acumen including proactive assessment of needed process improvements and recommendation of resolutions.
For immediate consideration, email DallasTxNorth@expresspros.com
Express Office: Dallas (North)
14755 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75254