Located in Bremerton, WA
Local large retail store looking for Cashiers with great Customer Service throughout Kitsap County
Cashier Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers as they arrive at the store and ensure that a customer service representative is servicing them.
- Conduct financial transactions using cash registers by taking cash in exchange for the items sold.
- Scan merchandise to determine prices and provide customers with information on what needs to be paid.
- Process credit and debit cards and ensure that receipts are signed, and cards are returned.
- Deactivate tagged merchandise and bag purchases in item-appropriate bags.
- Process discount coupons and redeem offer points in exchange for purchases.
- Ascertain that the right amount of change is present in the cash drawer at the beginning of each shift
- Verify customers’ ages in circumstances where restricted merchandise such as alcohol is being bought.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of each shift and handle any apparent discrepancies.
- Handle returns and exchanges by coordinating efforts with the customer service department.
- Listen to and attempt to resolve customers’ complaints and ensure that any escalated ones are informed to the right department.
- Ascertain the cleanliness of the cash counter and surrounding areas.
- Assist sales associates in restocking returned merchandise on shelves and setting up marketing displays.
Hourly associates and employees on salary both enjoy 401(k) retirement plans with company-matching options, healthcare plans, discounts on merchandise and services, and highly diverse workplaces with room to move up the corporate ladder. The retailer also offers quarterly bonus opportunities.
If you are interested in this opportunity call 360.479.4756 or stop by our office for immediate interview, we are open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday.
4545 Auto Center Way, Suite B-2, Bremerton
Express Office: Bremerton
4545 Auto Center Way
Bremerton, WA 98312