Located in Edina, MN
Salary: up to $19/ hr
Express Employment Professionals is currently assisting a local Edina company in their search to fill a Shipping Associate position. The Shipping Associate supports the growth and development of the company through providing primary support to the Shipping Clerk and secondary support to the Manufacturing team, by coordinating successful shipping and participating in processes to support the company's manufacturing and distribution business models. Apply today if you meet the requirements below!
- Compare job routing information against outgoing shipments to verifying information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Determines proper method of shipment to assure safe arrival
- Assures completion of proper paperwork
- Collaborates with the QA department to assure proper certification documentation is provided to the customer
- Affixes shipping labels with packing slip and QAR or certification on cartons or containers
- Posts weights and shipping charges; adheres UPS label to packing slip for billing purposes
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Properly handles and loads outbound products/packages
- Completes bills of lading, contacts freight companies or couriers for pick-up and/or delivery
- Notes method of shipping on packing slip: UPS Collect, UPS Third Party, UPS Consignee, or other method
- Maintains an inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Files and distributes of job packets and work orders to the proper individuals
- Operates lift truck or uses hand-truck to move
- Collaborates with staff, management and with customers to assure timely and quality delivery
- Uses the video system to verifies guests prior to entry into the company
- High school diploma or GED;
- One to two years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with shipping methods including UPS, FedEx, independent freight companies, and couriers.
- Forklift, carts, pallets, shrink wrap machine, lifting devices, basic hand tools, roll stands, 2 wheelers, and hand jacks
- Strong skills with computers : Microsoft Office , Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat reader
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to speak effectively
- Ability to solve practical problems and escalate concerns to supervisor or management on a timely basis
Pay and Schedule:
- Up to $19/hr DOE
- Monday-Thursday 10:00am- 6:30pm & Friday 8:00am -4:30pm
Express Employment Professionals provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
-Holiday and vacation pay
To be considered for this Shipping Associate position please contact Shayelynn at Shayelynn.Dvorak@ExpressPros.com or call 952-915-2018 for more information!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Express Office: Edina (Minneapolis/Saint Paul Metro)
5151 Edina Industrial Boulevard
Edina, MN 55439