Located in Gatesville, TX
Find your ideal career with us! Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider and recruiting firm. We are seeking experienced Assembly Worker with a desire in finding long-term employment opportunities with a company that is known for its great benefits and long tenured staff.
Local Gatesville company looking for an Assembly Worker. The Assembly Worker will connect parts into more complex components. You will ensure all parts fit correctly and are suitable for the final product. You will use your hands or machines to do the job with greater precision. This is an Evaluation Hire position. Looking to hire immediately!
Manually assemble component parts to produce end products such as whole manikins, partial manikins, kits to ensure that final assembly products meet specifications
Inspect parts and finish assembly product; correct any nonconforming products
Test parts and assembled products to assure quality and functionality
- Accurately packs products for transfer to shipping per proper procedures
- Evaluate inventory levels and assure it is accurate
- Support continuous improvement philosophy initiatives in the department
- Produce quality parts in the quantity specified by schedule
- Clean and maintain work area
- Safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment
- Abide by the company safety and personnel policies
- Must be able to follow detail instructions both verbally and written
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly work instructions, product specification, and testing procedures
- Must be able to work under short timelines and pressure while maintaining delivery demands
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Detail oriented with attention to quality and thoroughness
- Willing and able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage demands and able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to manipulate small component parts preferred
- Working knowledge of basic MS Office software preferred
- Work usually performed in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to shop element such as noise, dust, odor, fumes, chemicals, and solvents
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Variety of hand tools, power tools, and light equipment such as screwdrivers, pliers, vice grips, fine tools, etc.
- Measuring devices such as cups, rulers, calipers, thermometers, scales, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of equipment
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, stoop, crouch, climb, and move about the facility
- Must be able to work around chemicals and solvents
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501