Practice Assistant - Fort Worth
Located in Dallas, TX
Position Title: Practice Assistant – Ft Worth
Position Overview: The Fort Worth office is seeking a Practice Assistant to provide secretarial and administrative support to attorneys and assigned legal personnel; maintain positive client relations; maintain the integrity of attorney-client confidentiality; and other administrative tasks as directed.
- Performs secretarial support, including composing legal documents, memos, correspondence, and other items of a confidential and complex nature from multiple sources, such as verbal, dictation, hand-written documents and e-mail, to ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks as required by scheduled deadlines.
- Enters daily timekeeping information utilizing the Firm’s technological resources.
- Proofreads all material produced by the Billing Department, corrects entries as needed or deemed appropriate by legal personnel, ensures timely return to the Billing Department for final processing.
- Works with secretaries ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all administrative tasks and projects. Provide back up support to attorneys and other legal personnel, in secretaries’ absence.
- Handles telephone interaction responding to routine and non-routine matters. Provides back up support for receptionist area for lunch/breaks and PTO (paid time off).
- Opens reviews and sorts all incoming mail. Alerts legal personnel of deadline-sensitive materials or correspondence requiring immediate attention.
- Maintains calendar and coordinates both internal and external meetings.
- Monitors and accurately maintains timekeepers’ dockets.
- Coordinates projects and interacts with all support departments on behalf of assigned legal personnel to ensure all projects are processed within prescribed deadlines. Reviews returned projects for accuracy and ensures all directions were followed.
- Greets clients and visitors when requested to do so by assigned legal personnel and escorts to appropriate conference area.
- Prepares New Business Memorandum and coordinates with Business Intake Department regarding Conflicts Checks.
- Attends trainings classes to maximize personal skills and use of technology provided by the Firm.
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned by manager.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a minimum of 2-3 years of legal, administrative and/or secretarial experience. A genuine interest in maintaining a career within the legal industry. Excellent verbal and written communication with strong proofreading skills. Possesses outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. Highly efficient with great attention-to-detail. Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Types a minimum of 50 WPM. High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree a plus. Basic computer skills are required, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Basic knowledge of Elite Enterprise and Adobe are also needed. Requires regular and predictable attendance during the assigned work schedule.
For immediate consideration, email DallasTxNorth@expresspros.com
Express Office: Dallas (North)
14755 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75254