Located in Champaign, IL
- The Automotive Glass Installer installs precut replacement glass to replace curved or custom-shaped windows.
- The Automotive Glass Installer removes broken or damaged glass windshield or window-glass from motor vehicles, using hand tools to remove screws from frame holding glass.
- The Automotive Glass Installer applies moisture-proofing compound along glass edges and installs glass into windshield-or glass- frame in door or side panel of vehicle.
- The Automotive Glass Installer installs rubber-channeling strip around edge of glass or frame to weather-proof or to prevent rattling.
- The Automotive Glass Installer cuts flat safety glass according to specified pattern, using glass-cutter.
- The Automotive Glass Installer holds cut or uneven edge of glass against automated abrasive belt to shape or smooth edges.
- The Automotive Glass Installer obtains windshield for specific automobile make and model from stock and examines for defects prior to installation.
- The Automotive Glass Installer replaces or adjusts motorized or manual window-raising mechanisms.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $15.00 /hour
Express Office: Champaign
1001 North Mattis Avenue
Champaign, IL 61821