Quality Control Inspector - QC
Located in Woodland, WA
Salary: $19.00 + DOE
Express is seeking Quality Control Inspectors for Aviation manufacturing.
Tests and inspects products at various stages of inspection process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties. In addition to the qualifications for a Quality Control Inspector I, the Inspector II position requires the ability to conduct First Article Inspections on all detail parts.
Scope of Work performed by the QC Inspector
Will be responsible for in process inspection of production floor building items such as high end cabinetry for aviation. Will be doing dimensional inspection of parts off the CNC machine, final inspection of parts after build completion and ERP procedures to process for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to interpret engineering blue prints, source control drawings, and OEM part verification. Selects articles for tests at specified stages in inspection process and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Operate non-conforming database to document problems within receiving and paperwork discrepancies as well as in-process non-conformances.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Conducts First Article Inspections (FAI) on detail parts per AS9102.
- Must be proficient using most precision inspection tools to obtain measurements.
- Have knowledge of alloys and material certifications for product acceptance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- First Article Inspections on all detail parts.
- A High School diploma is required, along with three years related experience and/or training or a combination of both.
- Must have experience in the use of precision inspection tools such as height gauges, micrometers, calipers, and radius gauges and able to read blueprints.
- Extensive experience with inspecting detailed machine parts with tight tolerances.
- Use of hand tools up to CMM
- First Article experience preferred. Aviation experience preferred.
- There is little bit of work on the computer, individual needs to be intermediate in Microsoft Office Suite.
Company falls under ITAR regulations so security clearance is strict and candidate must be a US Persons as defined by the US Department of State and pass an extensive criminal background check.
- We take walk in interviews Mon.-Fri from 9am-2pm at 131 Davidson Ave. in Woodland, WA. or 1208 Washington Way in Longview, WA.
- Complete the application on our website www.expresscowlitzcounty.com
- Respond with resume in Word or pdf format
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 or 360-225-0700 to speak with a hiring manager (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632