Event Sales Associate
Located in Bainbridge Island, WA
Event Sales Associate
The Events Team hosts events from our beautiful 250-acre LEED Gold Certified campus. Revenue from Events directly supports our inclusive and innovative environmental education programs. We are seeking a Sales Associate with strong business acumen, confidence, and excellent customer service to help the Sales Team meet and exceed our revenue goals. This role must meet and exceed goals in excess of $1M annually and be comfortable working across a variety of customer segments. The Associate is responsible for ongoing sales activity including responding to incoming event inquiries, generating new quotes, rebooking existing clients, finalizing contracts, client meetings and site tours, and maintaining detailed, accurate records in the customer relationship database. This role is responsible for ongoing collaboration with the entire Event Sales and Planning team, and other teams across the organization including Education, Culinary, Facilities, Marketing, and Accounting.
Reports to: Director, Event Sales and Planning Employment Status: Permanent, Full Time Position Responsibilities:
Sales and Business Development
- Solicits new event bookings with the goal of expanding the event business to meet or exceed expectations for revenue
- Develops new relationships for Event Sales by researching and identifying high potential leads across all market
- Cultivates relationships with clients with an eye towards
- Participates in ongoing planning for booking in a manner that achieves organizational goals and financial models.
- Responds to short-term event inquiries with the goal of booking new revenue to maximize IslandWood’s unused meeting space and lodging.
Sales Administration Tasks
- Generates quotes and negotiates contracts for
- Maintains detailed, accurate records in Salesforce – the customer relationship management
- Assists with maintenance of the EventPro booking system to ensure availability of site and appropriate
- Works to meet department’s margin goals by maximizing revenue and minimizing expenses.
- Supports all ongoing business development programs that helpachieve fiscal and organizational goals
- Partners with the Event Planning team and other departments to ensure customer satisfaction, repeat customer cultivation, and create exceptional experiences for guests.
- Knowledgeable about general operations required when guests are on site.
- Translates facilities use policy to ensure appropriate use of the facilities and making appropriate adjustments to the document as needed in order to reflect the ever-changing laws and guidelines that dictate how our event business is delivered.
- Utilizes knowledge of facilities and site capabilities and restrictions to ensure that client expectations are achievable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a sales environment, with individual responsibility for revenue.
- Hospitality sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and results focused.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Solid computer skills (Excel, Word, PPT) and knowledge of CRM database capabilities. Ability to work on variety of software as trained.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects IslandWood’s core values, a commitment to diversity and equity, and a commitment to the greater work of the organization.
- Experience engaging with diverse communities and customers.
- Must pass child safety screening.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must comply with a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
- Commitment to mission, vision, and goals of IslandWood.
Express Office: Bremerton
4545 Auto Center Way
Bremerton, WA 98312