Equipment Operator Trainee
Located in Brighton, MI
Salary: $14 - $16/hour
Express Employment Professionals in Howell/Brighton is working with a local company seeking a full-time Equipment Operator Trainee for their Brighton location starting at $14-$16/hour. The right candidate will begin employment as a Laborer, and once training is complete, and certifications achieved, will fill increasingly demanding roles that include operating specialized heavy equipment. The transition from laborer to equipment operator may take six months to one year, depending upon applicant’s abilities and company’s needs. Increased responsibilities can result in significantly higher compensation.
The company offers competitive pay, per diem allowance and accommodations when traveling overnight, a comprehensive benefit package which includes health, dental, disability, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick time; and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. Also, will receive a $250 bonus once hired in directly to the company!
- Hourly paid position helping clients investigate environmental impacts at properties around the state.
- Transporting equipment and supplies to project sites, and then utilizing these items to perform daily tasks.
- Typical employee spends less than 25 nights per year on out of town projects.
- Work typically can result in long days, sometimes up to 12 hours long.
- Candidate will need to have spotless driving record, in order to be assigned company vehicle to drive to project sites.
- Must have a clean driving record. New hires must be capable of obtaining a Chauffeur’s license and CDL-A.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs routinely.
- Ability to work outdoors on a year-round basis.
- Ability to work flexible hours—some out of town projects require Sunday departures.
- Candidate must pass background check, pre-employment drug screen (and random drug tests thereafter) and physical.
- Candidate must be punctual, dependable and have a good work ethic.
This is an entry level position. Will provide training on all aspects
Pay Rate $14 - $16
Please call Carrie at (517) 546-5627, send a resume to email@example.com
Benefits of working with Express:
Here at Express, we will assess your skills, offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express, and you’ll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. To find out more, contact us today! Express Employment is a Veteran friendly employer.
For a complete listing of all Express Howell/Brighton open positions, visit: www.expresspros.com/HowellMI/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114