Family Law Paralegal
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $22.00+ hr depending on exper.
Our client is seeking a qualified Family Law Paralegal to serve their busy, sophisticated, family-law practice in their Virginia Beach office. In addition to managing individual case files, the position entails preparing necessary legal documents that may include letters, motions, petition preparation, discovery, pleadings, and child support worksheets.
Their practice is a well-established family law attorney’s office with an excellent reputation with the judiciary as well as other attorneys.
- Manage a “high-end” family law practice to ensure that tasks in each case are performed by the appropriate personnel; to establish project schedules and milestones; and to ensure all deadlines are met, including timely filings with the Court.
- Performs work independently and takes responsibility for the varied tasks associated with multiple projects. Maintains a centralized data base recording the current status of each case.
- Coordinates the gathering of information, materials, documents, reports and evidence.
- Researches information from various departments and sources, including but not limited to subscription research services, the Internet, and the library.
- Reviews and summarize depositions and other legal documents.
- Utilizes technical information to make decisions and recommendations to the supervising attorney.
- Prepares trial notebooks and organize exhibits.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Interacts with clients in person, via telephone and email.
- Maintains detailed and accurate daily billable hour records. Goal requirements are to bill 1550 hours per year to client matters and collect two-and-one-half times annual compensation in client fees.
- College degree in a related field or Paralegal Certificate required.
- Must possess 3 or more yrs experience in family domestic law.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to family law practice area.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal principles generally acquired through college level study.
- Ability to perform legal research using reference materials generally available within a law library and/or electronic resource tools.
- Capable of dealing effectively with clients, attorneys and co-workers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize and prioritize workload.
- Grammar and writing skills generally acquired through college-level study.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016 (Word and Excel), LegalBar, and typing at a level of 50 WPM.
Permanent, Full Time position. Mon-Fri, daytime hours.
Pay $22.00+hr depending on experience.
The company offers great benefits:
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
Relocation for out of the area candidates is available for this position.
Benefits include: medical, dental, life insurance, 401K/profit sharing, paid time off, long term and short term disability. Committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) in all aspects of our employment and retention practices and decisions.
Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Family Law Paralegal, L067) the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 4,500 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with over 800 franchise locations worldwide. Express also offers affordable health insurance to qualified employees and their families.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455