Staff Accountant (Contract)
Located in Charlotte, NC
Express Employment Professionals in Rock Hill, SC is recruiting an experienced Staff Accountant for a growing company in Charlotte, NC. This is a LONG TERM CONTRACT position. 401k, benefits, vacation, etc. are available! Pay is $25.00/hr + overtime and bonuses.
The staff accountant is responsible for the day to day accounting activities which include general ledger maintenance (preparation of various journal entries), budget preparation and analysis, aid in the detail review of accounts payable and accounts receivable, prepare accounts receivable entries for certain assigned properties, management of property liability and hunting lease insurances and completion of ad hoc projects. This position is expected to meet internal and external deadlines and maintain communications with the controller and accounting manager(s).
The staff accountant position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Preparing all quarterly accruals for financial reporting.
- Aiding in the completion of certain assigned fund quarterly financial statements.
- Preparing the quarterly PDF budget to actual reports (property and fund level) for distribution on the intranet.
- Aid in the preparation of the quarterly budget matrix report to be distributed to the director.
- Reconciliation of material volumes to the reports provided by the director.
- Aiding in recording accounts receivable entries (material sale and lease income and part the review of the entries prepared by the accounts receivable clerk will be done.
- Preparing land sale entries for review.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Aiding in the review of certain assigned accounts payable entries to meet the demands of the check run.
- Aid in the preparation of the annual property and fund level budgets.
- Aid in the preparation for the annual audit of the financial statements and tax returns of the funds.
- Aid in preparing the entries to move the 15-year-old pre-merch to merch.
- Manage the annual renewal of the property liability and hunting lease insurances.
- Complete specially assigned projects.
- Maintenance of the annual renewal of property level hunting lease and liability insurance.
- Maintenance of the tax files and preparation of forms where needed. Ensure all entity level ancillary federal and state tax filings are completed and paid timely.
- Assistance with integration of newly acquired properties into inventory and the chart of accounts.
Express Office: Rock Hill
2032-B Cherry Road, Love Plaza
Rock Hill, SC 29732