Located in York, SC
Express Employment Professionals in Rock Hill, SC is hiring a Quality/EHS Manager for a facility in the York County, SC area. This is a direct hire position with a salary of 75K. Applicants should have experience in the automotive industry or a similar industry.
The Quality/EHS Manager is responsible for plant wide Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety operations including * confidential * quality management system (QMS).
This position requires an organized and accomplished manager with a hands-on approach to Quality, Environmental, Health, and Safety management, and the ability to analyze operations, identify areas for improvement, training, leading, and coordinating the improvements throughout all levels of personnel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Include but are not limited to the following:
- Review, implement and oversee the Quality Policy, Quality Objectives, and QMS.
- Develop quality, environmental, health and safety policies, practices and documents necessary to maintain and assure effective QMS and EHS systems in compliance with ISO9001, TS16949, AS9100, OSHA, and customer, legal or other requirements.
- Track and perform internal audits and will serve as Lead Auditor and Management Representative with responsibility over internal and external audits including addressing nonconformities found during audits.
- Manages, analyzes, establishes and maintains measurable data for reviewing and monitoring the effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS) and provides clear and accurate reporting to Management (i.e., nonconformance, Cpk, audit results, corrective and preventative action, customer returns, KPI metrics, etc.) to drive continuous improvements. Proficient use of Microsoft office is required.
- Will interact heavily with Production and other departments to investigate, make recommendations, follow-up on, track, and close preventive/corrective action requests.
- This position will have daily involvement in the production area to audit, review, and ensure implementation of corrective actions for customer satisfaction, quality assurance, and reduction in quality complaints and reworks.
- Initiate and track SEM/CW and Salt Spray testing, perform calibrations, oversee and track calibration, gauging and testing program.
- Liaison for the organization when dealing with customers and conveys the needs of the customer; addresses customer complaints and returns; creates Quality Alerts and APQP/PPAP supplier/quality documentations (i.e., PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, Process Capability Studies, SPC charts and statistical data, Process Flow Diagrams, PSW, ISIR, RGA''s, CQI’s, Capacity studies), and other documentation as required.
- The Quality/EHS Manager will be hands-on to champion, coach, lead, and train team members for continuous improvement of quality, environmental, health and safety throughout all levels of organization.
- Complies with and helps train on and enforce all Company, Employee, and Safety policies and procedures.
- Supervises, works closely with, and provides backup support to the Quality Technician(s).
This job operates in a fast-paced professional office environment and has direct interaction in the production and plant environments. This role routinely uses standard equipment such as computers, phones, paging systems, scanners, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, cameras, and 2-way radios. Some of the work will require exposure to loud noises, dust or fumes in the plant facility.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA Quality, Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of Quality Management experience in a production environment.
- Experience with Environmental, Health and Safety program implementation and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge and lead auditor experience with ISO9001 Standard.
- Highly developed written and verbal (influencing) communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and an ability to learn other available system programs.
- All other skills, knowledge and experience as needed to successfully perform the key responsibilities and essential functions of this job.
Express Office: Rock Hill
2032-B Cherry Road, Love Plaza
Rock Hill, SC 29732