Quality Lab Technician
Located in Summerville, SC
Quality Lab Technician Pay Range: $15.00 per hour plus shift differential
2nd Shift Hours: See schedules listed in Job Ad below
To apply please send resume to Krista.Cooper@Expresspros.com
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The QC Lab Technician is a “hands on” quality control position, responsible for final quality testing and assurance of outgoing material. The QC Lab Technician completes the final testing to decide whether a product meets our internal quality specifications and is ready to be sent to the customer. Important aspects of the position include adherence to safe work practices, the ability to follow work instructions and procedures and to become proficient in the operation of a variety of laboratory instruments and equipment. A major criterion for successful performance is the ability to learn quickly, adaptability, dependability/ willingness, accuracy, initiative, neatness and safety awareness. This position reports to the Quality Manager.
MAJOR FUNTIONS AND TASKS:
- Responsible for multiple in line testing manufactured glass fibers including tensile, air resistance and contamination particulate tests.
- Testing is performed in accordance with outlines and trained ISO 9001 testing procedure and standards.
- Collection of in line samples
- Input testing results into database
- Reference fiber testing and input
- Blotter paper preparation
- Daily shift turnover reporting
- Retesting of nonconforming product
- Creation of sulfuric acid mixture for QC testing
- Maintains clean and safe equipment and an orderly work area.
- Follows safe work practices at all times, utilizing appropriate PPE, following all safety regulations.
- Actively participate in housekeeping, preventative maintenance and safety programs.
- Second Shift 1:00 PM – 9:30 PM Monday - Friday
Experience in a laboratory setting is preferred. Experience in a manufacturing setting is required. The right candidate will be detail oriented, quality minded and organized. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Excel with familiarity in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access and SAP is preferred.
Express Office: Charleston (Northeast)
1470 Ben Sawyer Boulevard
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464