Medical Collection Specialist
Located in Addison, TX
Express has teamed up with a prestigious hospital in Dallas that has some of the nation’s leading surgeons. We are currently seeking experienced Medical Collection Specialists that will be responsible for collections on all patient accounts. This position researches and solves insurance denials. This will grow into a work from home position.
- 2 years previous experience in office billing and collections environment and/or accounting finance experience required
- High school diploma or equivalentWorking knowledge of MS Office applications which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and resolve payer denials
- Ability to research payer regulations and determine appropriate collection action
- Ability to utilize multiple patients accounting and billing applications including but not limited to FISS/GPnet direct connect systems, claims clearing house systems, payer systems, etc.
- Ability to calculate reimbursement per payer contract
- Ability to interface with the staff at the insurance carriers, HIM, and Access Service staff
- Makes follow-up phone calls on accounts with outstanding insurance balances.
- Maintains standards to ensure systematic, consistent and timely collection follow-up.
- Current productivity standard is 35 accounts per day or as assigned.
- Follow-up on accounts with outstanding balances that do not have appropriate payment arrangements.
- The Aged Trial Balance report will be printed every other week, or as assigned by BOM, and every outstanding account should be worked
- Reimbursement calculation
- Maintain interaction with Health Information Management Department and relative team members to expedite issues
- Participates in group meetings and /or various committees
- Makes suggestions on workflow improvements
- Notifies BOM of any collection issues
Express Office: Dallas (North)
14755 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75254