Located in Champaign, IL
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: The warehouse associate while working safely will be responsible for all functions of the warehouse including but not limited to, loading and unloading, order picking and processing, and ensuring accurate inventory entries in the company computer system.
JOB SUMMARY: The warehouse associate will perform various daily duties as assigned by the warehouse manager to ensure the demands of internal and external customers are met on a continual basis.
- Responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the warehouse
- Must be able to lift, count, select, sort, ticket, pack and/or handle an assortment of merchandise
- Ability to complete shipping documents on a computer
- Visual accuracy skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Capacity for lifting up to 75 lbs, reaching overhead, bending, twisting
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Assist with periodic inventory counts
- Ability to Operate powered industry vehicles (Forklifts) in a safe manner required
- Receive and stock merchandise with a high degree of accuracy
- Maintain a clean, safe and productive work environment in compliance with OSHA and company directives, using safety first practices to remain accident-free
- Execute company policies, procedures and programs in a professional, effective and timely manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Experience: Prior experience working in a distribution center/warehouse environment. Previous forklift experience preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working within a fast-paced warehouse environment where there may be wide temperature variations depending on weather conditions. While performing duties, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, dust, and debris as well as powered material handling equipment and commercial truck traffic.
Express Office: Champaign
1001 North Mattis Avenue
Champaign, IL 61821