Located in Santa Maria , CA
Salary: Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface....etc.
- Skills to convey ideas, facts, technical information, options, opinions, or perceptions accurately.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to bend, stoop and/or squat. Must be able to lift, pull, push, and exert up to 100 pounds frequently in many various positions. Must be able to work outdoors in hot or cold conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Express Office: Santa Maria
222 West Carmen Lane
Santa Maria, CA 93458