(K321) Commercial Drafter
Located in Foley, MN
Salary: Up to $20/hour
Job Title: Commercial Drafting
Job Type: Evaluation Hire
Location: Foley MN
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
Salary Range: Up to $20/hour
Transportation: Not on the Busline
Language Ability: Must read and speak English. Ability to read and comprehend and analyze data and instructions.
Physical Demands: Being able to sit for extended periods of time, lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds, able to grasp and maneuver tools
Ability to pass a National Background check
Our Client Company is looking for a full time Commercial Drafter with millwork experience preferably.
The Commercial Drafters are responsible for preparing detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for commercial buildings. The Commercial Drafters reports directly to the Drafting Department Supervisor.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans based on preliminary concepts, sketches, calculations, and other data.
- Analyze space and site requirements along with other documents to determine the effect it has on designs.
- Operate equipment and drafting station to produce designs, drawings, charts, and records
- Coordinate design requirements to develop a method of presentation
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs in order to compile measurements.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, based on design specifications.
- Communicate with other draftspersons and drafting supervisor.
- Continuously communicate with others to ensure requirements are met, and projects are on schedule.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of company and industry standards to develop first-class designs.
Knowledge & Skills
- Adequate communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to summarize and communicate orally in person or over the telephone and in written form over email.
- Ability to manage a variety of information while being able to properly sort, organize, and delegate personal duties.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles in production of drafts and designs.
- Knowledge of applying principles, techniques, and procedures for development of designs.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to visualize how something will look after it is part of an arrangement.
- The ability to listen and understand presented and written information and ideas.
- The ability to arrange things in certain order or pattern according to specific rules.
- Team oriented and the ability to operate with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information to make decisions.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Cabinet Vision software’s.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Capable of carrying, moving, and lifting up to 10 pounds when needed.
- Capable of manipulating, grasping, and maneuvering tools and other materials.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Previous cabinet/millwork drafting experience.
- Required working hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Occasional exposure to contaminants such as dust or other odors.
- May be required to occasionally be around hazardous equipment.
- Periodic exposure to loud noises and sounds.
- Regular office environment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please apply online at www.expresspros.com/stcloudmn or via our ExpressJobs app downloadable at www.ExpressPros.com/ExpressJobs or call 320-251-1038 for details.
A resume will be expected with this position so please have one prepared prior to meeting with us here at Express for the initial interview.
Please send resume to:
Name: Dana Gruber
Address: 1410 W. Saint Germain Street St. Cloud MN 56301
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 800 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.
Benefits of working for Express:
- No fee to applicants
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Short term disability and life insurance options
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Online time cards
- Free online learning
- Referral bonus program
Express Office: Saint Cloud
1410 West Saint Germain Street
Saint Cloud, MN 56301