Located in Glen Carbon, IL
Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for an Estimator to join their team. The Estimator will be required to plan, organize, direct and control all aspects of project estimating on assigned projects. The duties required but are not limited to:
- Provide take-offs using Estimating software.
- Use historical cost and building information to project future costs and schedule duration.
- Work in partnership with the preconstruction department to insure accurate and timely preparation of project budgets and proposals.
- Review project documents to prepare clear, complete and competitive estimates, general conditions and bid packages.
- Understanding of project requirements and owner directives and develop a plan to meet all stated goals, as well as understand and minimize potential risks.
- Responsible for sending out subcontractor invitations to solicit bids through web-based software.
- Develop a detailed estimate based on construction plans and specifications.
- Manage multiple estimates concurrently.
- Evaluate subcontractor bids and verify scope of work is complete. Must be able to identify design gaps for bidding and constructability concerns.
- Ascertain costs associated with local utility connection fees and local building permits.
- Participate in the project hand off meeting with the Project Manager, Senior Management, and Superintendent to discuss schedule, budget, construction and mobilization requirements.
- Build relationships with key design partners, subcontractors, project developers, owners, and architects.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Starting at $60,000/yr, BOE
Company Benefits: 100% of employee’s health insurance premium paid by the company, Paid vacation and holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan, Annual bonus potential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience in construction estimating with general knowledge of construction techniques and industry practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced math and computer skills.
- Thorough and detail-oriented.
How To Apply: Through the link below, submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location. Call 618-288-8011 or email email@example.com with any questions or inquiries!
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034