2nd Shift Mechanical Technician / Operator
Located in Indianapolis, IN
Are you looking for a great job at a company offering competitive pay that values their employees & customers? Can you read a ruler and understand shop math?
Job Summary/Company Information:
- A Southside Steel distribution facility is looking to hire 5 Mechanical Technicians and Operators due to their expansion!
- This Company supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries.
- This company has been in business for over 50 years and has over 40 locations nationwide!
- Mechanical Technicians and Operators will be working in the Plate Processing Department
- Technicians and Operators will be responsible for operating, setting up, and maintaining Laser and Plasma cutting machines.
- Associates will also be working with material handling equipment to load materials using cranes and forklifts.
- Starting at $14-16/hr
- Earning Potential “while working 2nd or 3rd shifts” after YEAR 1 with Reviews: $17/hr
- Earning Potential “while working 2nd or 3rd shifts” after YEAR 2 with Reviews: $18/hr
- Competitive pay rate along with performance based raises
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plans
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursements
- Strong culture with very little turnover
- Must have experience working with measurements, and shop math.
- Problem Solving, speed, and team work to complete work orders are crucial to success in this position.
- Must be able to handle a fast paced and very physically heavy industrial environment.
- Experience in operating industrial saws, lasers, plasma cutter, CNC machines and oxyfuel torch cutting is a plus but not required.
How to apply:
Call our RECRUITING CENTER at 317-888-5700 to complete your application.
This will be a phone interview with Amber or Miranda, please have work history available when you call
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Outside office hours – you can connect with us via:
Visit our office in person: 201 S. Emerson Ave., Suite 110 Greenwood, IN 46143
SE Corner of Main St. & Emerson - ½ mile off I-65S at the Greenwood exit 99. Next door to Starbucks.
Serving the Southside of Indianapolis, Shelbyville, Greenwood, Franklin, and the surrounding south central counties, Express Employment Professionals is a full service staffing agency specializing in Industrial, Warehouse, Administrative, Skilled Manufacturing, Engineering, Accounting and Finance positions.
Express Office: Indianapolis (South)
201 South Emerson Avenue
Greenwood, IN 46143